Monday, December 31, 2012


My advice to others who hope to make a change in their life:
  • GET UP and MOVE! Sitting around won't help you lose weight or become healthier. I started out by seeing pictures and motivational quotes on Pinterest and decided that just looking at and pinning those things on Pinterest wouldn't get me any closer to my own personal goals.
  • Tell yourself you can! You CAN! My favorite quote ever comes from one of my son's favorite movies, "The Little Engine That Could". "If you think you can, you will. If you think you can't, you won't. Either way, you are right."
  • Set goals for yourself. Start small and work your way up. It feels great to accomplish something!
  • Get others to help you. Either find people to walk/exercise with you, or just people to motivate you and share your accomplishments with. Sometimes all you need is to hear how others are doing (good or bad) to help you get back at it again. I'm not near done with my weight loss/fitness journey, so if you need a motivation friend, start a private Facebook group with me! :) Most of my miles were done outside on a gravel road and alone, but I had others supporting me. My hubby was awesome. He never discouraged me from going on walks although sometimes he was a little stressed with the kids when I returned. :) I also have some good friends who have helped motivate me along the way through Facebook groups, My Fitness Pal App, etc.
  • Take before and after pictures! You might not like how you look in the before pictures, but I'll bet you'll feel much better about them when you see the after/during pictures! Then you'll know you've gotten somewhere. Also be sure to measure yourself. Sometimes the lbs don't seem to be changing, but the inches are!
  • Make this your year. What are you waiting for? If you’re not happy in the skin you’re in, do something other than talk about it.

Good luck to anyone who chooses to embark on their own fitness journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment