Monday, January 28, 2013

Call Me Crazy!

Well my bucket list is expanding by leaps and bounds lately. My newest addition: running most of and then finishing a half-marathon. Yep 13.1 miles will be behind my name on May 25, 2013! It's going to be quite the challenge for me. I'm currently only able to run a 5K distance (3.1 miles), so I've got a long way to go, but as of now I have the ambition and that's the most of it. You know... I have to admit that it feels great to say that I can ONLY run 3.1 miles. Two years ago I would have laughed at anyone who would have told me I would someday run that far without stopping, and I really would have thought they were nuts if they mentioned my name associated with the word half-marathon! I'm so excited about what my future holds.

I'm now at 35.27 miles for January with 20.55 of those jogged. The last three days have totaled over 11 miles with 8.2 of them jogged! It's tough during the run, but I'm sure proud afterward! Running/exercising is so rejuvenating in so many ways. As is sleep, which is where I need to head. :)

More on the half-marathon to come! We are going at it as a team, but aren't quite finalized on who our team of 4 will be yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment