Sunday, January 27, 2013

Playing Catchup

I've been trying to keep up with all these goals. So far so good. On this 27th day of January I am currently at 27.95 miles walked/jogged total. 15.45 of those miles have been ran/jogged. I'd like to do at least 100 miles ran this year, but more would be better. Yesterday I headed out for a walk and decided I was going to run 5K total (3.1) miles just to see if I could still do it and see how long it would take. I had previously set a goal for myself to run a 5K this Spring sometime in under 30 minutes. I ran my first 5K race earlier this year in the summer and it took 30:36. And so I began jogging yesterday. The biggest portion of the first mile was downhill, but it allowed me to break my record time for running a mile 9:05. That caused me to push on. If I could get a mile in in close to 9 minutes, then I could for sure get a 5K in in under 30 minutes. So I pushed through the panting and pain. Two miles passed and then 3 and then I hit the 3.1 miles, quit jogging to check my watch and figure up the time it took. 29:40!!!!! YAY!!! Goal accomplished! Now to lower that goal to challenge myself. I'm thinking next I'll try for under 28 minutes. I know that doesn't seem like much of a decrease, but the faster you run, the harder it is to shave off time from the total. I'll start there and see where it takes me. 

I'm also very thrilled that I'm finally getting some toning in my legs. I've always HATED my legs. They've been big, flabby and to steal a quote from a friend, have had "hail damage" (cellulite). All of that is going away and I'm liking what I'm left with. No, they aren't anywhere close to being Carrie Underwood legs, but they're getting much closer. :) 

New this week... I also started a Google Spreadsheet for those who have joined the private Facebook group to challenge themselves to 365 miles this year. So far no one has shared their email address with me for me to share the document with them, but I hope they do. It is super easy to use and I have it all set up so it will figure their miles for them. And then we can see everyones progress each day. I'll have to do better to advertise it to them. :) 

As far as other goals go: I've been working really hard to get caught up on the book reading to the kids (primarily Hunter so far, although Laci was looking at a Farm book in church last night and LOVED flipping the pages and looking at the pictures).  I'm currently at 19 books read to him (I don't count books that Trevor reads on nights he puts him to bed, just when I do). They aren't all new books. A lot of them are repeats, but he loves reading some of the same books so he can read most of the words with me. Touches my hear to hear him read and love reading so much. We also read prayers each night and Bible stories from a kids bible story book. I don't count those for the total books read because those are kind of just special books. Reading to him before bed helps make him want to go to bed, and gives us good bonding time. A well needed and loved goal. 

Another part of this years goal is to work toward a Master's degree. So far that is going well. I've been staying about a week ahead of the due dates for my assignments. Trying to stay ahead so that if Trevor has to go back to his old job and travel, I've got some time built in to keep caught up. So far I've earned 100% on all of my assignments, too. :) Feels good to do good and be ahead. 

The last of my goals is 52 hours of toning. Right now I'm at 4.5. I've slacked off on this a bit lately, but luckily got ahead at the beginning of the year. Gotta get back to it soon. :)

Things are going great lately! Couldn't ask for a better life right now and wouldn't want to. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment