Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17 update

Goal progress: 4.5 hours of toning/videos
                        15.26 miles (7.6 of those are jogged)
                        9 books read to Hunter (slacking here)

My Master's is already starting to take a small toll, although I'm trying my best to work ahead and not let it get me down. It's only nearing the end of week 1 and I'm beginning on my week 3 assignments. Feels great to be ahead!

This weeks advice to those wanting to take control of their lives and lose weight.... weigh yourself daily. Yes, it will fluctuate from day to day (mine is never the same two days in a row). However, the scale doesn't lie! If I have a bad eating day the day before, you can bet I'll notice on the scale the next morning. I don't worry about it day to day, but over time if I have several high readings in a row, it causes me to rethink what I'm doing and remind myself of the body I'm trying for. It gets me back on track.

Speaking of the scale... saw my lowest weight of the last 3 years this week. Bounced back up from it afterward, but I'm working my way down there. Takes time when you lose weight without the help of pills or special supplements, but it's worth it to know you're doing it all by exercising more and eating better. No cheating here! You really can do it with diet and exercise alone! I still eat things I enjoy (chocolate might as well be my middle name), but I am learning to count calories and have more calories burned than saved.

I hope everyone else is keeping their goals in mind and not giving up on them yet! If you put your mind to it, you really can achieve what you hope for. You just have to convince your mind that you really can do it. It's 100% mental and I truly believe that!

No comments:

Post a Comment